Quick Link: If already have an RCABC account LOGIN HERE to access the Instructor Manual. You'll find the link in the left side menu.
The RCABC Instructor Manual is available online as a pdf or can be purchased already printed, in a tab separated binder. It is about 180 pages and contains the following chapters:
- Certification (details certification types and policy)
- Theory (safety and practices, supports course content)
- Environment (Leave No Trace)
- Teaching Resources (course support for instructors and instructor trainers)
- Practical Skills (skills other than strokes)
- Strokes and Braces (detailed written descriptions)
- Rescue (details)
- Appendices (various supporting materials)
To view it online, you need to be an instructor member or a paddler member or RCABC by creating an account and paying the membership fee. You can sign up here.
To receive a printed copy, download the certificate and manual order form and fax or email it to Sasamat Outdoor Centre. They will send it to you by mail or courier.