RCABC appreciates the role that BC paddling clubs play in promoting canoeing and canoeing safety. Thank you for your interest in renewing your club membership!
Club Memberships are for a period of one year. Your club needs to decide it it wants third party liability insurance for executive, members, leaders and guests. The cost is:
- $50 for clubs with LESS THAN 50 members and $75 for clubs with MORE THAN 50 members.
- Insurance cost (optional) is approximately $8.77 per club member as of 2015. Contact the executive for updates on fees for upcoming years.
- A 10% processing fee on the insurance cost
If you are renewing and don't need liability insurance THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT !
A club membership is valid for ONE YEAR starting June 1st to May 31st the following year. The Club Membership benefits include:
- Listing on the RCABC website with a link to your website
- We can create a simple web page for your club on www.bccanoe.com if you don't have a web site
- Trip Sanctioning Guidelines for leadership and safety
- A provincial voice in access and environmental concerns
- Third Party Liability Insurance for Executive, Leaders, Members & Guests (optional)
- CANEWS newsletter and opportunity to post articles on the RCABC website
- A vote or a voice on important matters that affect the direction of RCABC
- An opportunity to volunteer, learn new skills through participation on the RCABC executive or committees
Your membership also supports RCABC with the promotion of safe canoeing.
FOR NEW CLUBS JOINING RCABC
You'll need to do the following steps. Contact us if you have any questions about this process!
- CHECK the Club Trip Sanctioning Guidelines and Liability Insurance FAQs
- TALK to the RCABC executive if you're unsure of any details
- REVIEW your club's membership account on the database and make sure all the contact information is up to date
- DOWNLOAD, print and mail the Club Membership Application form to the Treasurer
- PAY the membership and insurance fees by PayPal through your RCABC account, or by cheque to the Treasurer