Quick Link: If already have an RCABC account LOGIN HERE to access the Instructor Manual. You'll find the link to the manual in the left side menu once your into your account.
The RCABC Instructor Manual is available online as a pdf or you can purchase a printed copy from Sasamat Outdoor Centre.. It is currently not being sold with the binder or separated tabs.It contains the following chapters:
- Certification (details certification types and policy)
- Theory (safety and practices, supports course content)
- Environment (Leave No Trace)
- Teaching Resources (course support for instructors and instructor trainers)
- Practical Skills (skills other than strokes)
- Strokes and Braces
- Guiding (Day and Expedition Guide Program)
- Appendices (various supporting materials)
To view it online, you need to be an instructor member or a paddler member or RCABC by creating an account and paying the membership fee. You can sign up here.
To receive a printed copy, download the certificate and manual order form and fax or email it to Sasamat Outdoor Centre. They will send it to you by mail or courier.
In the Spring 2017 there have been some significant updates in the 7th edition of the RCABC Instructor Manual.
Thanks to a long list of volunteer contributors !
Major Updates include:
Sec I-14 Instructor Challenges, Equivalencies and Mentoring
Sec I-21.2 Lakewater Leader
Sec I-28 SUP Lakewater Levels 1 and 2
Sec I-31 Lakewater Instructor Levels 1 and 2
Sec I-38 Guide Instructor
Sec I-39 SUP Lakewater Instructor Levels 1 and 2
Sec IV-33 to IV-34 Youth Instruction and Leadership, Sample Lesson plan for Youth Instruction, and Lakewater Leader - Teaching Resource
Sec VIII - Guiding Program
Appendix D - Non Pleasure Craft Compliance Guide Synopsis